On August 26, 2020, the Green Chamber of the South hosted its annual member meeting and learning session in a virtual space. The Green Chamber has continued to bring together diverse stakeholders including industry, government and academia to discuss challenges and opportunities associated with implementation of sustainable business models.
Highlighting the impact of Green Chamber’s facilitated discussions and partnerships, Ken Haldin with Rocket Camp presented an overview of a successful solar project installation which was sparked by a more recent Green Chamber event.
Bernie Burgener, Executive Director of the Greenhouse Accelerator, offered a review of the program’s process for identifying, developing and launching sustainable startups while providing an update on companies currently enrolled.
Finally, Tom Cunningham, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist for the Metro Atlanta Chamber, spoke to the current state of the economy and considerations for businesses small to large.
Tied together, the meeting illustrated how the Green Chamber can create value for the region through its events and provided a template for facilitating and growing impact via sustainable business moving forward.
Topics covered in order of the video timeline:
* Green Chamber 2019-2020 Recap
* Green Chamber Testimonial: Solarize St. John’s Climate Action & Equity – Ken Haldin, Rocket Camp
* Greenhouse Accelerator Update – Bernie Burgener
* Business environment, resiliency, and economic update – Metro Atlanta Chamber
* Rebuilding with Equity: Our role in building better systems while addressing equity – Facilitated Discussion
Watch the recorded Zoom meeting by clicking on the image and entering the password: Gre3nChamb@r