Monday, December 14, 2020
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Green Chamber of the South will host its annual Sustainability Interactive as a virtual panel discussing challenges and opportunities across the solar value chain with emphasis on equity and climate action under the UN SDGs.
The program will include representatives from key portions of the solar value chain.
Solar Development: Equity, Education and Climate Action in the Southeast
* Utility-Scale Partner – Discussion including equity and workforce development in addition to balance of portfolio versus rate and energy burden
* Developer – Discussion to include adoption and installation related to workforce, resiliency, and access to capital
* Municipality/County – Discussion regarding workforce development, community benefits, and challenges.
* Installer – Discussion regarding workforce development from technical to vocational.
* University Student – Poster Session-type spotlight on senior project or other work/internships. Discussion regarding opportunities in STEM, sustainability and solar focus EE or otherwise.
* K-5 Project Showcase – Solar Project Feature. Video(s) featuring completion of STEM boxes delivered to local classrooms. Our interactive impact to equity and climate action education.
Sponsorships will be used to supplement STEM kit purchase and support of IT resources for remote learning.