2020 Sustainability Interactive 8
2020 Green Chamber of the South
Sustainability Interactive 8
Monday, December 14, 2020
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Green Chamber of the South will host its annual Sustainability Interactive as a virtual panel discussing challenges and opportunities across the solar value chain with emphasis on equity and climate action under the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Solar Development: Equity, Education and Climate Action in the Southeast
Montana Busch, President, Alternative Energy Southeast, Master Electrician & NABCEP Certified Solar Expert, and Co-Chairman of Georgia Solar Energy Association
The program will include representatives from key portions of the solar value chain.
* Utility-Scale Partner – Mr. Mallard, Renewable Development Director with Georgia Power, will lead a discussion related to Georgia Power’s renewable energy with a focus on solar development
* Installer – Montana Busch, President, Alternative Energy Southeast, Master Electrician & NABCEP Certified Solar Expert, and Co-Chairman of Georgia Solar Energy Association, will lead a discussion regarding workforce development from technical to vocational
* Developer – Discussion to include adoption and installation related to workforce, resiliency, and access to capital
* Municipality/County – Discussion regarding workforce development, community benefits, and challenges
* University Student – Poster Session-type spotlight on senior project or other work/internships. Discussion regarding opportunities in STEM, sustainability and solar focus EE or otherwise
* K-5 Project Showcase – Solar Project Feature. Video(s) featuring completion of STEM boxes delivered to local classrooms. Our interactive impact to equity and climate action education
Virtual tickets to support purchase and delivery of solar STEM kits to local classrooms.
Sponsorships will be used to supplement STEM kit purchase and support of IT resources for remote learning.