Screening: Initially, applicants are screened for their potential based on information submitted and a short interview. The purpose of this step is to ascertain a basic match of objectives between the applicant and the Greenhouse.
Assessment: A period averaging 4 months during which the Greenhouse team assesses the applicant's business plan by vetting it in multiple industry meetings with companies and individuals familiar with the products and markets involved. The management team and the viability of its plan are evaluated, its key success factors and know-how gaps are identified, and the fit into the program is determined. Acceptance into the acceleration phase is then decided in an engagement gate presentation to the steering committee.
Acceleration: Upon acceptance into the acceleration phase, a team of mentors works with the company through ongoing issues and growing pains over a period of approximately 24 months. During this time, participants are provided regular educational and peer networking opportunities with other companies in the Greenhouse Accelerator.
Key Criteria for Acceptance into the Program:
- Number of green jobs to be created
- Revenues expected
- Sustainability innovations and degree to which sustainability has been/will be incorporated into products, services and business practices
- Triple bottom line impacts - financial, social, environmental
- Viability of business plan, potential for success
- Ability of management team to execute the plan
- Ability of Greenhouse to help with execution of the plan
- Coachability of the entrepreneur and the management team
For more information on the Greenhouse Accelerator or your project's applicability, please contact us at email@example.com.